BETHEL LUTHERAN HOME IS SEARCHING FOR A FILL-TIME REGISTERED NURSE FOR THE DAY SHIFT
The LTC Nurse assumes responsibility and accountability for the delivery of resident care of residents in the Long Term Care area. The nurse demonstrates ability to make clinical judgments in an effective and efficient manner with supervision. The nurse demonstrates critical thinking and performance ability in the coordination of resident care. Consistently performs according to nursing standards and is accountable in managing resident care and assisting others in the management of resident care.
Essential functions are those tasks, duties, and responsibilities that comprise the means of accomplishing the job’s purpose and objectives. Essential functions are critical or fundamental to the performance of the job. They are the major functions for which the person in the job is held accountable.
Education & Training Requirement
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing with a valid SD State licensure as an RN or LPN.
American Heart Association Basic Life Support required. ?
Work experience requirements
Essential functions – physical & Mental Requirements
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
· Ability to lift heavy objects using proper lifting techniques and with assistance as necessary.
· Ability to transfer and move residents who vary with ability to assist weighing 200+ lbs. using proper lifting techniques and with assistance as necessary.
· Ability to push and pull equipment weighing in excess of 40 lbs. using proper techniques and with assistance as necessary.
· Manual dexterity, coordination and skillful use of hands when working with resident and equipment, which may include pushing buttons, adjusting dials, turning on/off switches, buckling, holding and positioning limbs/body parts, etc.
· Visual and hearing senses must be adequate to provide resident care/services.
· Moderate concentration/intensity, which includes prolonged mental effort with limited opportunity for breaks.
· Normal memory, taking into consideration the amount and type of information.
· Moderate level of complexity for decision making.
· Must be able to work alone in a restricted area performing repetitive work for extended periods of time. Must be able to concentrate on work tasks amidst distractions, and foot traffic.
Must exert self-control in violent or hostile situations, such as when verbally or physically confronted in a threatening or aggressive manner.
COMPETENCIES – To perform this job successfully, the employee will demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of the position.
· All employees are required to follow and uphold Bethel Lutheran Home’s Mission, Vision, and Values, Behavioral Standards, Bethel Lutheran Home’s Policies and Procedures, The Code of Conduct and The Code of Ethics and Compliance Plan.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason.
· Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
· Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
· Judgment -Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate individuals in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
· Motivation -Sets and achieves goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to handle frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.